Monday, December 14, 2015

IDP Showcase

                                           IDP Showcase

My topic for the IDP Project was lung cancer. My part in the presentation was to research about the community resources of lung cancer and ways to prevent it and put it on the keynote. My team members were: Henry, Priscila, and Carlos. I wasn't that nervous about presenting because during the summer bridge program, we had a similar project like the IDP that we also had to present, so I kind of knew what to expect. I've also been presenting many times since 6th grade so it's something that I'm used to. I knew what I was going to say so I wasn't really worried about that. But when I present, my legs start shaking as well as my voice which is something that I hate because I can't control it. But other than that, the presentation went well. This project helped me get used to presenting a second IDP Project and learn more about lung cancer. I learned that there's two types of it and that the #1 cause of it is smoking. I also learned that men smoked more than women back in 2010 so they got lung cancer more than men but now women are smoking more so they're the ones getting more lung cancer than men.

No comments:

Post a Comment