Monday, May 9, 2016

Gymnastics

             Gymnastics


I don’t know why I started doing this sport but I’m glad I did. I’ve been doing it since 2nd grade, so for the past 7, 8 years. I really like watching it during the Olympics. I enjoy this sport a lot and I’ve been taking my classes at the YMCA. The gym has relocated many times so I’ve taken classes in the YMCA of Huntington Park, the YMCA near the Gage Bowling, and the YMCA in Maywood which is where I still go now. I used to go this different gym with my friend in Santa Fe Springs because we were too advanced. His name was Alex and we took gymnastics in all of these gyms and we always did everything together. We were really close and always helped each other out and we actually met during one of the gymnastics when he was the new guy in the class. I haven’t been going to gymnastics in the past year because my parents haven’t been able to afford the classes and Alex was on his way to college so I haven’t seen him in over a year. I can do a lot of stunts like backflips, frontflips, handstands, etc. I always looked up to Shawn Johnson who is a former gymnast. She’s really good and creative with her routines. I’ve fallen a lot and gotten hurt. I’ve done these crazy flips where I almost had a concussion, I cracked my back and neck, I’ve fallen on my neck or on my back, or I just hit my head really hard, but I still keep doing it no matter what. I struggle a lot with learning new kinds of stunts but I glad I keep practicing them because I always turn out to be good at them. I always wished to be a gymnast in the Olympics but I honestly think it’s too late for that. But I wouldn't mind doing this sport for the next 20 years.





No comments:

Post a Comment